Wednesday, May 18, 2011

For the Library

The Secret Garden (Puffin Classics)Two days until payday and alas, I have spent all of my frivolous money on work clothes.  I am currently looking longingly at pictures online of two striking and beautiful hardcover editions from Puffin Classics and wishing I hadn't bought quite so many tops on my recent excursion.

Awhile back my friend showed me some books that she'd purchased at a local bookstore.  They were hardcover cloth versions from Penguin Classics.  Well-constructed, they are reminiscent of some of my vintage editions.

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Puffin Classics)I already have most of the titles in the Penguin Classics series in my collection, but I discovered the brightly colored Puffin Classics Series while on a recent shopping trip.  Both the copies of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and The Secret Garden are decked out in pinks, oranges, and other neon hues. 

While you can't judge a book cover, standout books do deserve standout covers and these will look great on my bookshelf next to my Hugh D'Andrade designed pink leatherbound Alice in Wonderland.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Other Stories (Leatherbound Classics)These are copies with which I can create my own memories rather than simply imaging their history of decades past.  For those with children, they are something to be excited about now, to read at bedtime, that can remain in the family, passing down from one generation to the next with their glorious memories.  

Upon arriving at home, I searched them on Amazon and found them listed below list price with free shipping on orders over $25.  I'll have to wait until Friday, but until then, they will remain on my wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment